Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Republic Day.


Happy republic day to all my blog buddies, and other reader ( Ghost readers- as Asha said :)) ) . I know I am bit late to wish you this , this time I made a point to publish it after friday so that every one can send their entries upto friday, no matter in any part of World they are :D !

Our 58th Republic day was celebrated nicely here in India yesterday . you can check out the speech of out president Dr.A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Here .A nice and very brilliant man he is, India needs more people like him to rule the contry well .

Now moving towards our Round up,
Let us first welcome those who have participated here for the first time .

1. Kajal - kajaldreams.blogspot.com
2. Harekrishnaji - Unke Dushman Hai bahut Aadmi acchha Hoga
3. Gattina - Kitchen Unplugged
4. Prema Sunder - My cook book
5. Jasmine - Just for fun
6. Anjali - Anna Parabrahma
7. Indira - Cooking with Consciousness, Yes ! none other than Indira of Mahanandi … Oh, I am glad that you too participated here Indira. : ) .
A very warm welcome to all of you , I am glad that you all willingly participated here with your entries to celebrate the spirit of India.

Since we have 20 + entries today I am showing them in the order I get it from all of you , at the last is 8 entries of mine, don't forget to check that too :D.

First is Kajal of kajaldreams. She has prepared a Carrot Halwa garnished with Cashew nuts, and made perfect combination of Orange and white color for that.



Next is from Viji of Vcuisine, she is sharing here with her delicious way of making Tricolored sandwich. Though she left her country for visiting India on the day after I announce this, she promptly sent me this entry of her. How Nice of you Viji.



Swapna of Tastes from my kitchen is sharing here with a healthy fried rice with capsicum,potato and carrot added to it, making a perfect recipe with all 3 colors.



Nidhi is sharing here her yummy Cake , which is perfect with all 3 colors present there, it is looking so nice that I wish nidhi is somewhere staying near by me : )) .




Harekrishnaji is here for the first time with his 3 wonderful recipes to share with all of us.
First one is Sabudana khichadi

Next one is hara pulao ,check our the delicious hara pulao made with coriander leaves added to pulao .


And here is Gajar ka halwa from Harekrishnaji


Usha is again here to celebrate the theme with all of us. She made a perfect colored Carrot bean poogath with carrot , beans and coconut . thus, making a perfect entry for this celebration . :)

When it comes to Trupti, you can expect something different than normal dishes… and proving this true, Trupti is here again with her recipe of making Carrot Milk(Gajar doodh).Even with that she bring out perfect 3 colors.


Check out what Suma of veggie platter has created for Republic day theme. She made this Tricolred Idli, for which she added shredded a carrot and green peas to it. Don't forget to check the pictures fo this process. Suma has really done well with this. : )


Anjali ,Who is participating here for the first time has made this heart shaped Carrot Halwa , and placed it in green bowl to be perfect entry for this theme : ) . Seems like all our buddies around here loves carrot very much , such that they don't miss a single chance to prepare something with carrot. And Being favorite among all is Carrot Halwa : )) . Its something nice about this event when we have more than 2 version of the same dish. : ) .




Asha is with her novel idea of cheese, to make Tri-Colored Spiced Cream Cheese . Also she made Ashok chakra with black peppers in the middle of it to bring out the image of our national flag perfectly. Just picture is enough to describe more about her and this dish. :) .



Manjula of dailtoy has made Triclored noodles to share here with . it looks simple ans superb ! Goes perfect with the theme .:)

Vegetable Noodles

Not only that but she has something more to share here having all our flag colors present in it.
First is bantwal Car Festival

Bantwal Car Festival

Another one is of baseball match .
Baseball match

One more is of Universal Studio . Just by looking at these pictures , I think Manjula is also a good photographer.
Universal Studios


Jasmie(jasu) of Just for fun made a percect flag with perfect colored ingredients. This looks realy wonderful ,isn't it ?


See what Coffee is sharing with us, here ! A Sweet Corn Soup, yes, it also has all three colors in it , and looks perfect to go with the theme : )



Another one from Coffee is our all time favorite Gujarati Dhokla , having all combination making 3 colored dish. I just wish to grab that dish just now : )) .




It is obvious if some of us is here for the first time to share the joy together for our republic day. Now we have one more As asha said unofficial Indian with us . Gattina !
Yes, she cooks Indian dishes so well , that I think sometimes that even I am not that good with all the Indian dishes. :)) . A great cook she is, also a wonderful photography she knows ! . Just check her picture and you will come to believe that.
She has made yummy pistachiyo tartlets with clemetine custard. Such a nice enrty for the theme with orange color ! Also she made it a point to show orange and green color in the rest color or the picture. What a neat idea ! Seems like only me and Gattina loves orange :D , to make it a proof just check my entries below. :P A special thank to you Gattina for participating here , Hugs !


As the theme of this week was not only limited to cooking , there are many buddies we have with us , with their absolutely new ideas about the theme . Sangeeta is One of them. Showing her love to our India, she had chaged the theme of her blog to these 3 colors only ! Isn't it something really nice ? I just love the Idea Sangeeta.

Also she has a perfect picture for his theme . : ) .





Maheshwari of Beyond the usual is proving her tag name correct here. She come up with a Indian flag made up with Badam and Pista !


Along with that she made Tricolored Pasta too, to share here with all of us : ) .

Seema
has send here healthy and colorful recipe of Tricolored rice here . Though she is down with flue, she didn't miss to participate here . A special thanks to you too dear Seema. This entry is really wonderful , and healthier one with bell peppers added to it.



I think all of us are little bit or more inspired from the blog of Indira, and what a lovely blog she maintains. ! It's a proud to have your entry here Indira, I love this a lot,the idea to make Kabab of Green chick peas is also nice ! : ) . Check out the full recipe and pictures of it Here . : )

Killing me again is the nice sandwich of Prema here. How do you and Viji know that I love sandwich ? :D . Prema of My cook book is sharing her unique way for making colorful Pin wheel sandwich with all of us. Just check the beautiful way of making it here , and I must say this picture is rally worth 1000 words (at least for sandwich lover like me :)) ) .


A novel Idea from Sandeepa ,of bong mom's cook book . She is here with a lovely picture , making a perfect presentation for theme of this week. This proves that we are all creative in amny ways , not just with cooking , Right ?

Thank you all for participating here with your nice entries and making this even joyful and colorful. :) I appreciate your effort for making and publishing these entries to participate here with on time.

Mythreyee got little late with sending her entries ,though I waited for you all upto saturday :P, Better late than never, and here is her colorful entry for the event- sprouted Moong Invegetable Pulao(updating this on 28th Jan 2007.) Thank you Mythreyee :) .


Now here are entries from my side .
A Tricolored Dosa -Simple dosa decorated with shredded carrot and spring onions. !



A simple and lovely Picture consisting of all three colors in it. : )




A dish of different colored chutney -
Orange - is made up of garlic , red chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric to it.
Green - is coriander chutney , I already posted recipe of it here.
White - its not a chutney , it's our all time favorite - plain curd.




Tricolored small Finger waffers(fried). I remember I love it as a child, and still I could find some of it in my home to make something perfect for this theme : )




Here I made Orange juice for the color of Orange .
White is my all time favorite - Buttermilk. (In Gujarati home there will not be a single meal served without buttermilk, and I just love it. : ) ) .
Green is the fresh Jaljeera (drink which helps in digestion/ can be served as appetizer) I made using Mint leaves. if someone intrested to knowthe recipe let me know, I will post it. :D.




Pasta made with baked Green peas and tomato puree - I think it also has good combination of all 3 colors, well correct me if I am wrong. :D





A side dish made up of raw papaya , green chillies and carrot ! This goes well when accompanied with any vegetarian main course and rice.





Even something more from me-Tricolored Curry!
Recipe I am going to Post in Next week: D.
(Note : vegetable of the Next Week is -Green Peas, be ready and rush to my inbox with your entries , I am goin to start daily post from next week again :)) ) .

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mera Bharat mahan!!!!!!

Pooja, tu usse bhi mahan!!!! ;)

I think I have never seen the tri colours displayed with such creativity!!!! :)
Great going girl!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,
Thanks for appreciating me.Nice post for republic day. Your enterys looks so wounderful.Really you are very hard working girl, bcoz you manage each entry very nicely.This take lots of time.I love your blog.
-Kajal

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,

Thank you for hosting such a great event. The roundup was wonderful - nice to see so many fellow bloggers participated. :)

Cheers !!

Anonymous said...

Pooja,
ketli badhi mast items che anhiyan!!! wonderful roundup! aney marey Jaljeera ni recipe joiye che, it looks very good!
I just loved your dosa too!

-Trupti

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja
Great round up. Lots of lovely entries. I am amazed by your energy and enthusiasm :) Wish you the best to have this enthusiasm in everything you do
sandeepa

Anonymous said...

Pooja, Great round up. Your entries are awesome. You took a great effort and give us a chance to do something in this great day!! Thank you once again. Have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

Great round up pooja.
I must congratulate each and every participant who have taken the time and effort to come up with such lovely ideas !
Simple ..yet so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Pooja dearest,I am so overwhelmed by all these entries,I don't know what to say and where to begin.
I have saved this page and I have to take a breath before I start cooking some of them!:))
Great job and I loved your entries.
Green Peas is great,will do.You are posting every day again!!!:)

Good day!Have fun and thank you.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and perfect to celebrate the India's independence. Wonderful entries.

Thank you Puja for hosting this event. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Poojiji
You are a VIP in our blog! Did you notice our Hyderabadi Bloggers Republic Day post?

Pooja said...

Coffee
thanks dear ! but I am not great yet now in any way, and if I am , it seems like being great is easy now a days :)). I just come with some new idea to disply three colors with my dishes. that's it. I am glad that you likes it an appreciate it . :)

Kajal ,
oh dear ! thank you very much for your kind words ! yes, it takea lot much effort to round up all entries , but when a person like you appreciate it, all those effort feels worth doing it. You were here first time and also first among all the entries , so this is my chance to say thanks to you dear . :)

Pooja said...

Sangeeta
its really good to have as many Indians are possible to have here to celebrate this theme. thank you .

Trupti,
Oh dear, anything for you . you just asked for jaljeera recipe, otherwise i might send it through courier to you :) . surely i will publish it for you in this week . As here fresh mint leaves available in huge quantity in this season , I make it frequently at home. in th coming week i will make it again ,and show the details for you specially ! :) .thanks for appreciating my recipes too .

Pooja said...

Sandeepa,
thanks for youe encouraging words. :) May be well wisher like you are here thats why I feel energetic around here(the magic of positive thinking :D ). thank you really for appreciating this .

Just For Fun,
I am glad too , to have all your entries around here. thanks a lot !

Jasmine,
you are correct ! each participant here came up with something new to present here. And I just love the creativity hidden behind all of us. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Pooja said...

Asha ,
you mught be thinking of me as a funny girl, right? well, you know something - i find it easier to post daily and have round up daily of the entries I got . Its easier to manage too . this time I revised each entry many times to make it sure that no one is left . Just yday I had chat with coffee about this. :) .
this time I also liked it , as many new Indian faces are with us. This looks really colorful isn't it ?

Indira,
I am gald to read your nice words for this round up. as i didnt get the picture attached in your email, I didnt dare to copy it from your blog to show it here.
I am really feeling good, that you participated here.
thanks again .
Stay tuned.

-Pooja

Pooja said...

Hi Hydrabadiz,
thanks for mentioning this post on your blog :) .
the video Clip on your post is good, I liked it very much when for the first time i saw it in a theater before starting of a movie, and it seems correct in all the way. Nice that you got that to share !

Anonymous said...

That's a colorful round up pooja..good job...If you can plz post the recipe for "Jaljeera" when u get time...

Pooja said...

Maheswari,
Sure dear , I will post recipe for jaljeera in the coming week .
till then stay tuned,
thanks ,
-Pooja

Anonymous said...

Oh it's a breath-taking round-up! There are many more recipes I just can't wait to try! Pooja, and thanks for your kind words to my entry *hug*

Anonymous said...

How beautiful the pictures look! All of them are very good and you've done a wonderful round-up, Pooja!

Prema Sundar said...

Wow pooja.. lovely round up. The recipes are amazing. I am glad that I participated and thank u for giving me this opputunity.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. Creative Pooja has had an special influence on all fellow bloggers extracting the best out of all.

JanDa Uncha Rahe Hamara...

Menu Today said...

Hi pooja,
Great roundup!!! Many new recipes to try.Thanks

Anonymous said...

Pooja,
Nice round up with great entries. Can't wait for the next round up to see some more great recipes. Good job girl.

Anonymous said...

Pooja great job done. Thanks for hosting. My all of us reallly love carrots:).

Pooja said...

Gattina,
I jsust wrote what I felt like writing :). I am really glad that you participated among all of us. thanks dear .

Vani,
thank you dear ! I am glad that you liked it. :D

Prema,
this blog is always open for such opportunties, as we have round up daily wiht vegetable of the week, You are always welcome to participate here .
thanks for your kind words .

Pooja said...

Manjula,
Thanks for giving me credit of all these . I think it belongs to all you partcipants here.
Jai Hind !

Menu today,
I am glad to see your comment,
thanks for appreciating !

Suma ,
Its going to be daily now. so have fun daily with round up. though on daily base there will not be many recipes, but at the end of week you will have toatal around this. I just choose to do it again on daily, coz its easy to manage entries. :)
Be there, Will wait for your recipe with green peas. :)

Anjali,
I am glad that you participated here, and I hope you will kee p participating :) .
thanks for appreciating me .
Stay tuned

Anonymous said...

HI Pooja,


Wow!wonderful colourful Republic even round up my gal....All credit goes to you only,becoz of your amazing idea,we were able to see this many colourful receipes here....

Thanks buddy...

Anonymous said...

HI Pooja,


Wow!wonderful colourful Republic even round up my gal....All credit goes to you only,becoz of your amazing idea,we were able to see this many colourful receipes here....

Thanks buddy...

Anonymous said...

HI Pooja,


Wow!wonderful colourful Republic even round up my gal....All credit goes to you only,becoz of your amazing idea,we were able to see this many colourful receipes here....

Thanks buddy...

Anonymous said...

Pooja,
Loved each and every entries this time as always. So very colorful Pooja. All thanks to you for putting them all together. I loved your presentation in side dish and that tri colored curry. My mouth has already started watering by just looking at those amazing colors.
Thanx and many many hugs to you
Seema

Anonymous said...

wow pooja
wonderful....those dishes are looking great in all 3 colors..keep it up..what is ur next creative idea?let us know..:-))

Anonymous said...

wonderful theme and lovely roundup!
and you made a whole meal out of tricolors - fantastic!

I am feeling so patriotic right about now :) (not to mention, hungry, at the sight of all these dishes...)

hope to participate in one of your future events...

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Pooja for your kind words and appreciating my cake so much. This event was indeed so much fun. Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Oh my my my.. where was I ???

Pooja said...

Usha,
thank dear ! i just had this idea a long ago, and waited till 26th Jan to announce this, I am happy that it was successful with all your supports. I am glad that you liked this idea .:) one more of such kind is coming next Week.
thanks for being there. Hope your internet is working well now :)


Seema ,
thanks dear ! It feels good when you appreciate my effort with each details here. so nice of you. I jsut come ot know about the matter from asha's comment on trupti's blog. Idropped a comment to you , aslo i coment on that blog too. I hope all our blog buddies will come forward to expose such matters.
dont worry dear. enjoy each moment. life is not meant to be affested by some worthless effort of such people.

Pooja said...

swapna ,
thanks .!
this week we are celebrating with Green peas. hope you will like it . Be there , if you cn cook anything with green peas. . will wait to see your delicious enty , as always. thanks.

@,
If i am not wrong ,its your first time comment here, right? I am glad to see you here. Thanks for your nice words. some the recipes are so easy here that you can try it anytime .
stay tuned, thanks for dropping by .

Pooja said...

Nidhi,
I really love your cake so much, just cant forget it. I wish i could have it . :)
try to participate in vegetable of the week event too , its fun together. :)
thanks for your nice words. :)

Revathi,
really , where were you . I missed you ,and your entries. :( .
it was fun together. hope you liked it .

Chef Jeena said...

You have great recipe idea's, what lovely pics too :) I really like this blog!


visit jeena's kitchen healthy recipe blog

Sumit Kaur said...

Beautiful and Way too creative. Hats off!!

Pooja said...

Jeena & Sumit ,
Thanks for appreciating .
Keep coming for more.

Unknown said...

Very creative blog..very creative people..very creative topics and last but not least very creative recipes...I am astonished by the enthusiasm of all your work..I've enjoyed reading all the recipes and enjoyed all the color ful / tri color picutres too...

I also try my hands in kitchen..check out my blog sometime

P.S. Also making something to join the celebration of Great Tiranga..soon I'll post my entry..

till then
Happy cooking & Best dishes from my blog to yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...