Friday, January 5, 2007

Potato -Methi Balls in Tomato Gravy




Ingredients:

For the Potato Methi Balls :

1 cup fresh Fenugreek Leaves,washed and chopped,
2 boiled and peeled medium sized Potatoes,
1 tsp Corn flour,
1 tsp Coriander -Cumin Powder,
½ tsp red chili powder,
1tsp Sugar Powder(optional ),
Oil for deep-frying,
Salt to taste.

For the Tomato Gravy :
4 Tomatoes, Pureed( for making Puree, boil the tomato withe little water, when boiled and remove the skin and mash it using hand blender.) 1 Onion, Chopped finely ,
1tsp Garlic Paste,
1/4tsp Chili Powder,
¼ tsp Garam Masala,
1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder,
1 tbsp Oil ,
Salt to taste

Method:

For the Potato Methi Balls :
Mash the boiled Potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add chopped Methi leaves to the Potatoes and all the other ingredients and mix well . Divide into balls, about 3 cms in diameter. Heat Oil in a Kadai and fry them till they turn golden brown. Remove on a brown paper and keep aside.

For the Gravy :
Heat Oil in a Kadhai, add Onions and fry till they turn translucent. Add Garlic paste, Tomato puree and cook till the moisture evaporates. Add red chili powder , garam masala and cumin powder to it. Let it come to a boil and add salt. Cook it until gravy is medium thick. Turn off the heat.

Now, Remove gravy to a serving dish and add Potato-Methi balls to it, Potato-Methi balls will turn little soft as they start absorbing gravy . Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve with Hot Puris or Rice.
Just remember to do not add potaot Methi balls to gravy while it is too hot, this way it will break balls and the whole dish will be spoiled. Add Potato Methi balls when the gravy is not so hot.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,

It resembles like koftas right?Nice receipe by you gal....

Its really gives us great pleasure to come&pick from you site for particular veggie's receipe...

Anonymous said...

Excellent Pooja!I enjoy all your dishes.

Unfortunately I only post once a week and not enough time to send you anymore!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow....that looks so delicious, I need to try this out for Kartik, he'll love it, I am sure.
Thanks!

Trupti

Anonymous said...

Wow Pooja,
This dish is truly creative and looks so delicious. I am going to try it today itself, I dont have methi leaves but will see if I can substitute it with palak.

Deepa

Anonymous said...

hai pooja
the methi balls are really looking nice...nice picture...ofcourse the taste will be also nice..:-)

Anonymous said...

Wow Pooja, The dish looks beautiful. I am sure the methi balls will just melt in your mouth.
Thanx
Seema

Anonymous said...

Creative Pooja is the right name for your blog :)
This one is such a nice recipe that you've come up with!

Viji said...

Always something new and delicious recipes from you. Very nice presentation. Tempting to try. Will try soon and let you know. Viji

Pooja said...

Thanks Usha,
I think Kofta is having some different ingredients. though this definately looks alike Koftas :) . I am glad that my blog is helping to choose some recipes. thanks for being by my side.

Asha,
The one you posted for this week was wonderful. just you are being here with me is enough to encourage me, having your recipes here is added advantage:) .
thanks for your nice words for my recipe. Take care.
Trupti,
aato bahu moti credit mali gayi mane ke mari banaveli dish thi kartikbhai khush thay chhe :) . jo banave to mane kehje. and also take note of my words in the end of post, dont add Potato balls when it is cooking on stove ot too hot. maja karo, and khao piyo and jiyo :) .thank you dear.

Pooja said...

Deepa,
Welcome to my blog world !
thanks for your nice words. I think if you dont have methi then Coriander leaves will also do nice for this dish. Do let me know if you prepare this dish :) .
thanks for dropping by here
Stay tuned.

Swapna,
thank you! enjoy more with tomato as I am goin to continue with tomato for next week too :)
Take care

Seema,
Thanks for your nice words. i just enjoyed reading your Meme !
nice to read that. keep blogging :)

Pooja said...

Hi Viji,
thank for your encouraging words, if you try it just take care to dont add potato balls while it is peeping hot. ! jsut let it turn little cold and then add the potato methi balls. thanks for being there with me. :)

Vani,
its your kindness that you consider my effort as creativity .thanks for that :) . I just try to do something new and nice, and if that makes you happy its worth doing it all the time again and again. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome!!!!!!! No words to say anyhting more!!! Great going dear :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja

This curry looks very good. I am going to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Pooja,
whao! another great recipe!
I've just tried one of your potato and tomato curry and paratha, they both excellent! How lucky I am to find your delicious blog!

Pooja said...

Coffee,
thanks dear!since i read that post of yours my mind keeps on searching something to submit for your blog partolling theme. and it might have been easy if i have to prepare some cuisine of that type, here i have to find it from other's blog... man , give me some hint if you have such blog in mind . :)

Lakshmik,
let me know when u try it. thanks .

Gettina,
I am glad to see you here again . and happy to know that you liked my recipe and tried it too .I am also lucky to get you here :) . Stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja, Have prepared this dish for dinner today!!! Will tell u tomm how it turned out as I havint tasted it ...

Pooja said...

hi Mehak,
I am waiting to know how it turn out finally.
do let me know, or you can email me too !
thanks .I am glad that my posts here are helping you to make some nice dishes. :)

Anonymous said...

i cooked this Methi ballswith tomato gravy ,, it turned out to be mouth watering, Excellent par.

(did slight variation, i added some grated cheese )

Thank you for sharing / posting your creative ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...