Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Vegetable of the Week" with some Revised rules

Vegetable of the week has always been very close part of this blog and so of me.

In past I started this, to show case all the different dishes I make with the same vegetable, and invited others to be a part of this making it a weekly event. I used to select a new veggie each week and was posting a recipe daily with the chosen veggie along with entries from others, daily posting and daily round up has been like a routine for me also it was a lot of fun knowing many dishes with the same vegetable. Started with the whole intention to make different verity from a single main ingredient has always a good motivation for me to run this blog and event.

Now as time permits me , I am starting this “Vegetable of the week “ again with little bit modifications to its “used to be” rules and schedule :) .

With so many confusions in my mind to modify the original rules/duration of the event , along with that, as from many old buddies and well wishers suggested it , I have changed this to a monthly event , though the name I find so much loved by me that I am not changing it hence it will continue to be known as “Vegetable of the Week “ only, now the fact is we will celebrate it for 4 weeks (i.e. – a month ) .

Here are the rules to be a part of this resourceful event , I make it little flexible by not restricting current posts, and make this event fun for all- to be a part of it.

Rules :

  1. Cook any Vegetarian dish having “Vegetable of the Week “as main ingredient. You can also send already posted recipe, provided it should be linked to this event before you send it as an entry. You can send as many entries as you want.
  1. Send your entries for :Vegetable of the Week -Bottel Gourd on or before 17th july 15th July 2008 to blogpooja@gmail.com , Along with clearly mentioning

· Your name,

· Your blog name & URL,

· Name of the dish you made ,( don’t forget to mention the name of the dish you made. It happens many times that your post title is not indicating your dish name and hard to find from write up, So just be clear about what you are sending. )

· URL of your entry

Along with picture of the dish you cook - if possible resized in 300 pixel width .

In the subject line mention with the chosen vegetable and the type of dish you made. i.e, - if you make a soup using Brinjal the subject line should be “VoW -Brinjal – starter “.

  1. Follow all the rules as indicated here to make it easy for event holder at the time of round up. Be a nice participant :) ,I no longer intend to accept entries who didn’t mention their entry as link back to this "VoW" Post. If possible use the logo too (it takes time and effort when created :f :O)
  2. If you are a non -blogger send me recipe along with picture , I will post it here as a guest post by your name and include it in round up with your name.
If you don’t get my reply or comment within 2 days of sending your entry, Leave a comment as reminder, lately some of your emails happen to delivered in the bulk mail folder and I was not aware of it since some of your inquired about it.

I intend to publish Round up category wise with categories like, starter, main course, side dish , dessert , breakfast, snacks etc….

For this month we will be celebrating “Vegetable Of the Week - Bottle Gourd “ .

Here is the logo for it . Use it in your entry post if you can along with a link back to this post .

Do remember

  • This is your event, do it for delight. Participate if you can, send already posted recipe if you have any, or in future if you manage to cook up anything with that send me along mentioning it, I will keep it as update note in the round up section with the date you submit it.
  • The idea behind this event is to share and to know the verity of authentic and creative dishes we all make with chosen vegetable.
  • Along with that, I will always be happy to hear from you to choose any particular veggie you like for any particular month, you know I do care for your ideas , :) .

For any questions or suggestion get back to me at blogpooja@gmail.com , and have a nice time cooking many dishes to serve your love to all.


Btw , Have you tasted “Pineapple Lemonade “ yet ?

37 comments:

Namratha said...

Brinjal, yaayy...will surely participate Pooja. When you had this event earlier I had no blog nor was I aware such events happen, now I know :)

Mythreyee said...

Brinjal....yeah....such a versatile vegetable especially for curries/gravies. I surely participate. Glad to note that the roundup is going to be vegetarian. Thanks!

Archy said...

Nice logo Pooja !!
Shall start thinking from now.. What creative i can cook with Brinjal :) !!

Cham said...

Wonderful veg Pooja. I will come up again :)

Unknown said...

What a co-incedence, I just roasted eggplant to make eggplant bhratha.Will post it this week.Nice logo.

Coffee said...

Great! I will send you one of my previously posted entry for this one. :)

musical said...

Lovely choice of a vegetable, Pooja! Will try to come up with something delicious. You can never go wrong with eggplants :).

jayasree said...

Brinjal, a versatile one. Just today I prepared a traditional dish with brinjal and here is ur announcement. So need to put on my thinking cap. Shall post it soon.

Sia said...

count me in for brinjal pooja dear:) and making VOW a monthly event is really gd.

FH said...

Good one Pooja, glad you started up this event again. I do have plenty of Brinjal dishes as you know!:))
See you at FH later girl, got Lemon biscuits!

Finla said...

Nice event pooja. And much better to have a one month than a week.
My hubby and daughter are not a realy brinjal fan.
So will wait till April.
I do have a Now veg dish with brinjal.

Vaishali said...

What a great idea, Pooja! Brinjal is a bit hit in my house, so will definitely participate in this.

AnuZi said...

Hi Pooja dear. I love that you come up with these awesome blog events. keeps us motivated. Thank you for taking time out and getting us all together so we can continue our love affair with food ;o) Beautiful logo. Count me in.

Dhivya said...

wow!brinjal..count me in

Viji said...

A convenient change for all Pooja. With the time in hand, I am sure that the even will be a great success with all entries and your touch. Good luck. Will try to participate. Viji

Uma said...

if it is eggplant..I am in too.

Gattina Cheung said...

I love brinjal, and I love your event! Pooja, let me see if I have time to come up something special for you.

Gattina Cheung said...

I love brinjal, and I love your event! Pooja, let me see if I have time to come up something special for you.

Pooja said...

Dear All,
I am glad to see your warm response for this to this Event, yo uall like it in different way , and I am happy that it keeps you mativated , brinjal is a hit in our house too , so hoping that we all together are going to have a nice brinjal virtual pot luck this month :) .Keep bloggin and send enteries soon . Take care and try following the rules of the event.
Hugs to you all....

-Pooja

Dhivya said...

hey pooja can i send more then recipes???

Pooja said...

Yes Dhivya You can . as mnay as you want :) .
also you can send already posted recipe, just follow all the rules for that post ans send it along mentioning the type of dish it is .

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Medhaa said...

Hi Pooja,

Would love to participate...Hope I get to cook something by 15th. First I have to check if I get a Brinjal where i live....:).

Unknown said...

Hi Pooja,

Sent u the recipe a couple of days back.Hope you got it.

http://homecooked.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Pooja...sent it to you again.Hope u got it this time :) By the way I am not Medha.You left a comment on my blog for her,I guess.

http://homecooked.wordpress.com

ranji said...

hi pooja...
i ahve send my entry to the event..i hope u got it....if u havent plz let me know..i will send again immediately....i know i am slightly late....sorry for hurrying u up...

blog url- http://rbcuisines.blogspot.com

KK said...

Hey Pooja I Just now sent my entry. Hope you will like it :)

Pooja said...

Medhaa,
Do it for delight , no pressure. There is always a next time.
More over , you can send something you already posted , just link it to this event.
HC, Ranji, Miss B
Thanks for your reminders here, it really heps a lot .

Swati Raman Garg said...

hey is the brinjal thing over? Can i still link in entries?

notyet100 said...

new into food bloggin,..will sure tk part,..invite uto view my blog and leave comment for further improvment
www.asankhana.blogspot.com

ranji said...

Hi pooja..i have send u my entry..i hope u got it...do let me know if u havent!!!

ranji said...

yes it does taste delicious with tamarind!!!i am very happy we thought of the same thing but sorry that u have to think of something else!!!i am sure u have other creative bittergourd recipes in hand:)..hugs to u too!!

Geeta Kakade said...

Hi:

Thanks for turning this into a monthly event. As a newbie...my site is PAYT POOJA...I feel a little overwhelmed with all the weekly stuff to get done.
As you so wisely say, i want ot do it for delight and turning it into a monthly event helps.
Please take a look at my site and leave a comment.
Thanks
Geeta

Pooja said...

WHitefieldbb,
there is no link back to your blog, also couldnt search your blog name from google blog search too.
so please update here with your blog link , would like to see the work of a newbie :)

Sailaja Prakash said...

Hi Pooja,

I came to know ur blog from my friend Archana's blog(Archysrecipes). When she has posted a recipe with 'Bitter-gourd' and sent the same to you.

But I was motivated by Mythreyee when she has sent an invitation for the sweet series event.

At the same time would like to participate in this event too.

Sailu.

Sailaja Prakash said...

Hi Pooja,

When I have seen your "Vegetable of the week" is Bottle-gourd I thought I know a 'break fast' dish, 3 side-dishes (curries for rice), a hot snack and would like to try a sweet (which we used to have at the time of functions at my native place). Almost all the main categories. I felt very happy. But I don't know still how many I can send to you. But will try to make them out.

Madhavi said...

Hi Pooja,

I just sent you my entry, hope u got it!!!

Regards,
Madhavi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...