Friday, February 8, 2008

My healthy affair :)) - Sprouted Mung Dosa( Flat bread of sprouted green gram)

Sprout of any beans is always a treat for me,Among all when it comes to Green gram - Mung (or moong) , I am little partial about it .I make different main courses or dal using any of the beans but for sprouted moong .... I can eat it as it even without adding salt, thats my love for it :) .
Since a little time a friend of mine suggested me this dish and ever since this dosa has become our favorite breakfast . Easy to make and tasty too :) . Along with that it has many benefits to eat it. Here is my recipe to share with yo all for this tasty and healthy plus quick dish.

Ingredients :
1 cup sprouted green gram (whole moong) ,
1 inch long ginger piece,
2-3 green chilies,
2-3 spring of fresh coriander leaves ,
salt to taste .
To garnish / serve : Shredded carrot and cheese .
You can choose anything you like to have as toppings. I tried it with red pepper too it tastes as good with that too.

Recipe :
Wash the sprouts and ginger, peel ginger and cut chiilies into half. Take all the ingredient in a mixture /grinder bowl together and add 1/4 cup of water , grind it until it form a smooth paste as shown in picture above.

Place a non stick flat pan(tava ) on heat and take the batter in to a round spoon , spread it on tava when hot, spread it evenly on the surface of tava in a clockwise direction . cook it on medium heat and while half cooked spread little cheese and carrot on it.
I don't use oil to cook it , it turns out easily , so if you like to have less oil in your menu , you can avoid it for this Dosa :) . cook it completely on onside until it is golden brown . Serve it hot as it is . it goes nice with any Raita . You can spice up this dish with spicy tomato chutney too. For me and hubby ,we love it with Plain low fat yogurt . Tastes yummy............!!!
Note : If you need to store the left over batter of this in fridge , I recommend not to store it more than one day, the fresh made tastes far better than that.
Now this dish goes straight to Susan at Legume Love affair and to dear Suganya of tasty palettes for her WBB- Healthy eats :) .Thank you lovely ladies for organizing this , I truly enjoy participating with this colorful dish.
I enjoyed participating with this , and many more yet to come for lovely events going on along with Theme of the week -Valentine's Day. Haven't you surprised your spouse yet ???

30 comments:

Coffee said...

I just soaked moong right now. I will try this for lunch/breakfast tomorrow. :) Thanks Pooja.

Unknown said...

Looks good and healthy,like the cheese toppings.

KonkaniBlogger said...

Love this dosa. I made this last week..Was really yumm..Love ur garnishing on the dosa..

Srivalli said...

That looks great pooja..this is our pesarattu...nice entries...

Viji said...

It's my kind of dosa. Lovely Pooja. Choose from my WEB menu for your event. Will send you the recipe :) Viji

FH said...

Beautiful dosa Pooja, great entry for both events too!:))

bha said...

The dosa indeed looks healthy......nice toppings as welll :P

bha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laavanya said...

What a great way to use sprouted moong.. so pretty too.

Vaishali said...

Pooja, what a great breakfast dish. I cannot wait to make this! Thanks for the recipe.

zlamushka said...

oh, how creative. I just posted my very first dosai. Will definitely try yours.

AnuZi said...

My mom makes this dosa...I think its called Pesarattu. When I was younger I used to dislike it but there is this one ginger chutney that goes sooo well with it that I actually started loving the dosa just because of the chutney. Great entry and awesome pics chica :o)

Namratha said...

Mmmm Pesarattu, love it! Looks delicious Pooja :)

Daily Meals said...

Healthy pesarattu...good idea to use sprouted moong, Pooja!

Mythreyee said...

Great entry. It's sure a healthy recipe pooja.

TBC said...

What a healthy BF, Pooja!:-)

Coffee said...

I made this today and its delicious! Thanks Pooja.

EC said...

i love pesarat tooo

remya said...

lovely colorful dosa... i'm gonna try them :))

Pooja said...

Coffee ,
Thanks for letting me know that you liked it , that is the backbone of this blog :) . I am glad to see active on your blog ,next post is coming with loads of lemon for your JFI this month :) .

Madhu, Maya , Asha ,Bhags, Laavanya,Mythreyee & TBC ,
thanks a lot for your appreciations, I am glad that you liked it. I made it originally for Legume love affair held by Susan , than thought nothing can be healthier than this dish for a breakfast so sent it to Suganya too :) . Glad to hear you all buddies liked it , Thank you very much.

Vaishali, Zlamushka & Remya,
this is indeed a nice tasty dish, try it and you will fall in love with it, too easy to make too :) .
If you already tried do let me know . thanks a lot .


Viji
What ???? Did i hear you correctly ? you are asking to get your lovely WEB dish for the event ??? I can't believe it. Thanks a lot , will let you know more abt it.

Srivalli, Anuzi,Namrata ,DMs & EC,
thanks for making me aware with Pesarattu name. I didn't know that, i came to know this from a friend who is a maharashtrian ,and thought it must be from their region. I just made some modifications to original recipe and made it my way.
Seems like this healthy dish has many fans around here already , huh ? thats nice. Nice to read all your appreciations. Stay tuned for some more entries for my Lemony Love affair :)) .

DEEPA said...

very healthy and colorful one !!!!

DEEPA said...

very healthy and colorful one !!!!

Cham said...

Very healthy- the color combination works very well.

S said...

love this pesarattu n sprouting it is healthy cooking..good going

Kalai said...

Love that green color! This is definitely a healthy alternative to regular dosa. I will surely try this! :)

Meera said...

Looks wonderful, Pooja. Really nutritious too. Good entry.

Finla said...

Delicious dosa

Pooja said...

Deepa,
thank you girl :) .

Cham,
U love this colors too , so refreshing and tempting , isn't it ?
Shani bhanu,
this is the first dish which i made and then now come to know the real name of it , funny though . U just love this pesarattu :)

Kalai,
its easy to make too ;) , try it and do let me know .

Meera,
Thank you buddy, i can see your blog getting filled everyday with wonderful recipes around :))

Happy cook,
Thank you . Sure you must be knowing this recipe earlier too , right ?

Suganya said...

With a tbps of rice, this is pesarettu :). Whole moong is surprisingly filling for its size. Thanks for the entry, Pooja :)

vimmi said...

Will soak it tomorrow for sprouts. then weekend bruch with this. thanks for such a healthy recipe/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...