Friday, December 15, 2006

Ragda Petis

Presenting here today something very famous and "chatpata" for all my blog buddies...
It is famous dish, Ragda Petis (or some call it Ragda patties too . ) is one of my all time favourite ... and as per what I know about most of my buddies here, they are also fond of this kinda food, here is the right time to share my recipe of it with you all loving people around :)


Ingredients For Ragda:
1 cup Dried white peas(Chole)
2 Tomatoes
2 Onion
2Tea spoon Green chili paste
1 Tea spoon Ginger Garlic paste
1/2 Tea spoon Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tea spoon Garam Masala powder
Salt to taste
2 Tablespoon oil
Ingredients for Patis:
4 Boiled potato
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Bread Crumps
Salt to taste
Oil for Frying
For garnishing:
Imli ki chatni
Salt
Finely chopped onion
Green Coriander leaves
Curd
Method :

For Patis,Boil potatoes in their skin, until soft. I cooked them in pressure cooker for 4-5 minutes .Cool, peel and smash the boiled potato.
add cumin powder ,aamchoor powder ,Green coriander ,Bread Crumps & Salt.
To make the patis, form little balls of it ,and make it little flat by hand, from this mixture .
Put some oil on frying pan and Fry this patis intil they turn golden.
For Ragda ,soak Dried white peas(Chhole) in warm water over night or for 6-7 hours.
After that cook the peas in pressure cooker till it get soft. Mash ¾ of the total peas lightly by mixer.
Chope tomatoes into finely.
Chop the onion finely.
Heat 2-3 tbsps of oil and add the onion.Fry till it turns light brown. Then add Green chili paste , Ginger Garlic paste and Turmeric Powder. Next add tomato and cook it until it forms fine gravy,.Now add boiled and mashed Dried white peas(Chhole) and water . Fry for 2-3 minutes , add Garam Masala powder, coriander leaves and Salt . Finely sprinkle Lemon Juice over it , Ragda is ready to serve with Petis.



Keep patis in serving dish . Add ragda on patis. Then add imli ki chutny, Curd, chopped onion and green coriander.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,I was thinking of blogging about this very famous dish.I will post my version very soon,so keep looking out!:)

Anonymous said...

Oh,forgot to write what I came to write about originally!!can you tell,my mind is already getting carried away with dreams of hot ragda patties:)They look delicious.Nice garnishing too.

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe Pooja. I love chaat. Will surely try it out. Also my name is spelt as Lakshmi not Laxmi. Probably you would like to make note of it. So you could spell it as Lakshmik.

Anonymous said...

Love the ragda Pattis Pooja! Looks delicious.I will try this.

If you haven't switched to Beta yet, it will give you trouble with Beta users! Why don't you switch,it is easy and you have lot of choices in colors and fonts.I did it 2 weeks ago,very happy with it.Nothing else in your blog changes.To laeave comments,try as Anonymous and leave your name at the bottom.Hope you give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,

Loved the receipe very much, i never came across before about this receipe.

Oh god!what a lovely presentation too...

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja.. I'm just drooling seeing your chat pictures. Cant wait to try them. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

hi pooja

nice recipe..when i was in london one of my friend has done this one for a potluck..i am remembering those smells now..:-)thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

I love this stuff....perfect for weekends, isn't it?
Looks very yummy!
Trupti

Anonymous said...

Pooja, you are a gem, I think I will move to Pune. You cook lovely dishes you know. I love Ragda patties. We make it on Sundays when the whole family is around...thanks for sharing...~droooooooling~

Viji said...

Very nice recipe, Pooja. Mouth watering. Thanks for sharing. Viji

Pooja said...

Hi
Vini : I am looking fwd to see your version of this recipe. : ) , its nice to see different version of the same recipe…

Lakshmik : I would surely keep it in my mind. :) , I am sorry to misspell your name.

Asha : thanks dear ! I tried to switch to beta some time ago, but it told me that as it is trial version it is for limited number of users, so it didn’t allow me to switch : ( , well, after that I didn’t tried for it. I will try it agin some time, but the problem might not be that I guess, as I was able to post comment on your blog after you switched to beta. Well , no problem , will keep on trying it :))

Usha: I am glad that u liked it. Try it , it is worth making…. I just love all chaat dishes…

Pavani : do let me know dear if you try them out !

Swapna: those aromas will be around you now forever… by this my pictures…. :P

Trupti : yes dear, it s perfect for weekends, specially in such cold days its heaven to get ti hot served…. : )

Dilipbhai : I would be gald if your reason to come Pune will be my dish … mane gamyu : ) . mane to e street side ni lari wala ni badhi j item favorite chhe… have thodi helth conciuos thai gayi chhu etle , bahar khava nu bandh kari ne ghare bananavavanu chalu karyu chhe…:))

Viji : hope if you can be somewhere around to share this with us. … :)

Anonymous said...

Hey pooja.This reminds me of the chat corners.I just love the streetfoods.Hmm..mouthwatering got to make some.Thanks friend

Anonymous said...

Hey pooja.This reminds me of the chat corners.I just love the streetfoods.Hmm..mouthwatering got to make some.Thanks friend

Anonymous said...

luv those patis
keep posting :)

Veda said...

wow pooja....first time here 2 ur blog....and i must say this one is my fav....i will try this ragda pattis this weekend...n keep u posted on how it turned out!!!!!!mouth watering!!!!!!:-)

Veda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...