Friday, December 1, 2006

Methi Kadhi



Methi Ni Kadhi
Today I am going to share something I am very fond of. That is Kadhi :) . And that too with Fenugreek :D. Isn't the idea itself enough to make mouth watering, well, atleast for me it is true. :P . Here is the way
I make it. Simple and healthy for all my blog buddies :) .
Just with little twist in regular Kadhi, also by adding Jaggery to it, to remove the bitterness of Fenugreek.

(Methi leaves,besan,red chilli powder, turmeric powder Jeera, green chilli,curry leaves, Cinnamon stick, cloves, ginger, garlic & jaggery )

Ingredients:
Finely Chopped fenugreek 1 1/2 cup,
Sour Curd - 2 cup ,
Bengal Gram flour- 2 1/2 tbsp ,
Jaggery ( Chopped )- 2 1/2tbsp or as per the sweetness you want ,
oil- 1/2 tbsp ,
Asafoetida Powder- a pinch ,
Cloves- 4 nos ,
Cinnamon- 1 Inch Stick ,
Cumin Seeds- 1 1/2 tsp ,
Ginger ( Finely Chopped )- 1 Inch Piece ,
Garlic Paste- 1 tsp ,
Green Chillies ( Slit and Deseeded )- 2 ,
1/4 tsp turmeric powder ,
1/2 tsp red chilli powder,
Curry Leaves ,
Salt To Taste .


Method :
Whip the sour curd and to it add enough water & add besan to it and mix such that no lumps will be there.
Heat oil in a kadhai, addcurry leaves to it and saute till they splutter. Next add jeera, asafoetida, slit green chillies, cinnamon and cloves. Add curd mixture to it and stir continuously to see that no lumps are formed and the mixture boils well.
Then to it add chopped ginger, chopped jaggery, turmeric powder , red chilli powder and salt to taste . Add chopped Fenugreek leaves to it and mix.Cook on a low flame for sometime. Check the seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve hot !

I added Boondi to it at the time of serving , and it was tasting heavenly. I liked it so much that I ate it even without rice , just the bowl of Methi kadhi itself was enough to please me. Try it , andIi am sure you all will also like it .I have to attend a marriage function here tomorrow, and as I am very much fond of doing henna ( Mehandi ) designs, I make it on my left hand . So was not able to do any work in kitchen on my own, and dear Deepak- my hubby, has helped me through everything for the dinner of tonight. :) I just kept on giving instructions and he followed it completely. So nice of him. I think I must thank him to make this post of today possible. :) . Well, after completion of the kitchen work, he was happy with the dinner menu, so was I. :D .
Here are some of my past recipes with Spinach & fenugreek -Palak Paneer ,Methi Matki Curry, Aloo Methi .
This week with Spinach and Fenugreek was excellent with all your support and delicious recipes . Thank you Viji, Trupti,Supriya,Asha, Laxmi , Laxmik , Swapna, Vini ,Usha,Revathi for contributing to Vegetable of this week . Hope you all might have enjoyed this week . Do let me know ,how do you find this week with Spincah & fenugreek.
Vegetable of Next week(starting from coming Monday) is -Okra (Bhindi ) . Put you thinking cap on, and email me with your nice recipe on blogpooja@gmail.com :) .
(P.S. -May be I will publish the henna design I made on tomorrow or any other day.If your mind is arising a question that then how come I typed this post?Welll, this all I typed with one hand only :( , and it has already taken much time , so bye for tonight. :) Have fun On weekend. )
This is also my entry for Jhiva For Jaggery to Kay . By keeping Kay's request in mind, I have tried something new with Jaggery, which I never tried before this way. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the dish and presentation Pooja, and wish to see your mehendi diesign too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,

So gr8 of your dedication, inspite of busy schedule, you presented your wording and receipe.
Yep!very eager to see your mehandi design.

Enjoy the function nicely, we too enjoyed alot with you this week.
Next week Ladies fingure? Thats fine.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. You make mehndi designs.. my designs are still at level 1. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja, Thanks for participating in Jihva. What a nice entry, a totally new recipe for me.

Also I like your event "vegetable of the week". I didn't know, otherwise I'd have definitely participated. Perhaps, next week, if I could find decent bendi here in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

wow Pooja...that looks so tempting! and that tpp with boondi..very unique. Have fun at the wedding, I love to attend weddings,its so much fun! I will try to make something with Okra this week.

Trupti

Anonymous said...

Adding boondi is such a nice twist to the kadhi, Pooja! Methi kadhi must taste delicious!

Anonymous said...

interesting kadhi with methi and jaggery.nice recipe.

PriPat said...

wow cool blog!

when i really will get in cooking i am sure i wil visit ur blog!

PriPat said...

very tempting indeed !

Pooja said...

Hi,

Laxmi : soon going to post my mehandi designs for u 

Usha : thanks for appreciating my work. : ) . yes, next week is with Okra : ) , I Love it the most . You can also cook up something you like the most with okra, to be with this event. : ) .Thanks Dear !

Mandira : Practice makes a man prefect , it is my mom’s favorite slogan to encourage me all the time, and I would like to pass it on to you now, if you will practice with it, you also will be a good henna artist one day. : )

Indira : I am so glad that you liked my recipe for Methi Kadhi. One more I might be Posting for Jihva for Jaggery . : ) . I will be more than happy to get your recipe for my event. Thanks for your nice words : ).

Trupti : Thank you dear : ) . you are a loving buddy always. I also liked this twist with methi ni Kadhi . Deepak ne pan bahu gami hati :D. Lagan ma javu mane pan bahu game chhe , saras saras taiyar thaine , as maja karvani : )), rasoi ke biji koi chinta j nahi , :D . I attended a music even here few days back, the main singer was Suresh Wadker, you can’t believe I was remembering you much that time, I just know that you alike all kinds musics.really it was nice evening with the Lovely voice of Suresh Wadker...
Hope to get something real tempting from you with Okra. : )

Vani : try adding boondi sme time with methi kadhi this way, and I am sure you will never forget it. : )

Shaheen: thanks for dropping by ! Stay Tuned

Pripat : I think yo
U are dropping by my blog for the first time, right> thanks fro vising my blog, I hope when you will start cooking, this might help you to make some quick and healthy recipes, as my main concern here is always around quick and healthy recipes here…thanks Dear !

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,great entry for Jihva:) Mouthwatering girl.Had a busy weekend myself.Love the Bhindi for next week,have one already.

I have one unusual entry for Jihva too,check it out:D

sra said...

Hi Pooja, interesting recipe. Does it have any hint of bitterness or is all that removed by the taste of the curds and the jaggery?

Pooja said...

Hi
Asha : Can I expect atleast one entry from you already :P ? Thankd for your nice words. i checked your site, but today only 3 times i couldnt reach to yur comment page, everytime it saus page can not be displayed :( . your jello jaggery is simple superb. i love it. :) .

Sra: I made it for he first time , at the time of eating i didn't feel a little bitterness even. i think that is because of sour curd. you can also try it the same way.
Thanks for dropping by !
Stay tuned
-Pooja

Medhaa said...

Hi Pooja,
I made this kadhi and it was an instant hit, will be surely made again. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...