Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Palak Paneer

Winter is here, and I am so happy to include fresh green vegetables in my kitchen. :)
Last week was almost like methi week for me. :) I used methi much in last week, and still more I m going to use :D . Anything with Methi is fine for me. Yesterday was the turn of Palak. And I made palak paneer of it very simple way. As usual this recipe also needs not to spend much time on. Just one thing is you need to have Paneer ready with you: D

This is the first time I made palak paneer using my home made paneer. One suggestion from my neighbor friend was to make it by adding curd in it. In past I tried to make it by adding lemon juice in place of curd, and I find a bit difference in the taste of both. From hubby's view also when I made it using lemon juice it was little bitter in taste while this time it was perfectly fine. He was happy so was I :) .

Here is the process by which I made Paneer :
Pour the gallon of milk into a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Watch carefully, as it will boil over almost as soon as it starts to boil. As the milk begins to boil, add curd into the pot in a steady stream while stirring constantly. The milk will separate into little white balls, take care to don’t let it form a bigger white balls of it, while water starts separating from the mixture , remove it from heat. Have cloth like filter and remove the whole mixture in it. Place cloth into a colander, twist the cloth from above corner of cloth and press it gently until the water like part of the whole mixture stops dripping. Or u can gently press a flat based vessel on it to remove all the liquid part out of it. as soon as it is dried enough , replace it in a dish , and when it turn to little cool, cut them in pieces .

Palak Paneer






Ingredients:
2 bunches palak(spinach), washed and chopped,2 large tomatoes- chopped finely,1 onion-chopped finely,10-12 fresh paneer cubes,Salt to taste, 1 tsp garam masala. 2 tsp Oil for cooking.

Method:
Chop the palak, Put it in a large pan with 2 cups of water.Boil till well done.This should take about 10 minutes.Blend the boiled mixture to get a coarse paste.
Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion till well browned.add the tomato. Now add palak pulp, salt and Garam masala &cover and cook for 7-10 mins. Add paneer pieces and put off the flame . Serve hot with chapati, naan or paratha.

Note:
I don’t use fried paneer for this recipe, I find fried paneer perfect for paneer tikka masala like
spicy curry, for this paneer in its original form goes well.
If you think the gravy is too thick then add little hot water to it.take care that it should not make this gravy thin otherwise it will loose real taste of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja...that looks so yummy. Home made paneer is the best, I think. You're so lucky to be enjoying all the fresh veggies in India right now! Thanks for your comment on my pic!

Cheers,Trupti

Anonymous said...

gr8 girl... u made paneer at home!!! amazing:)

Pooja said...

Hi,
Trupti : thanks dear!
Supriya : i never thought that making paneer at home could be such easy when i never made it, once i made it ,and find it easy. so i keep on making it at home. making it by adding curd is delicious in final taste of it. and easy too, i can say it takes max 20 min to make paneer out of 1 litre milk. and always home mad is better than the ready made , right ?
stay tuned
-Pooja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...