Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cabbage with Green peas

Winter is green for me :P , with my kitchen full with different green dishes ... :D
Now is the turn of green peas and green cabbage ....
Simple and delicious , cabbage curry with green peas...
Recipe source- None other than my loving Mom :) .



Ingredients:
1 green cabbage , cut into long shreds
1 cup green peas ,
1 medium tomato,chpped in to small pieces,
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 fresh hot green chili, finely chopped
salt as per taste ,

1/2 teaspoon garam masala
2tsp oil ,
1 tsp cumin seeds ,
1 tsp Mustard seeds
7-8 curry leaves ,
coriander leaves to garnish

Method:
Core the cabbage and slice into fine long shreds. Preheat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. When hot add the cumin seeds ,mustard seeds and curry leaves. now add the cabbage.Add the turmeric powderand green chilli, mixing well.Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
when cabbage is half cooked, add green peas and tomato to it.let it cook for another 2-3 minutes,or until vegetables are crisp-tender.Finally add Garam masala and salt to it. and remove it from heat.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati accompanied by
Coriander-peanut chutney .

A delicious meal is ready for you :) .

7 comments:

Andy said...

Maybe i can use this and cook my wife a treat!

Andy said...

I am bookmarking your blog!
and I like your counter - cool

Anonymous said...

hi pooja,
i too make this curry and we cal it palya in karnataka... usually we omit garam masala and tomatoes and just stir fry them adding green chillies and seasoning and just 1 tsp of oil.. i have posted the recipe in my blog long back... it tastes really good with chapaties/rice... give it a try sometime and i wll try ur mom's recipe:)
by the way... its a lunch time for me and i feel like having ur subji with chapati:( can u send me some across girl;)
cheers
supriya

Pooja said...

Hi supriya,
As I am not basically south indian , I am not aware of your kinds recipes, I just posted what my mom used to make at our home :) .Just what i know about there is from blog like you and others, and normally i even dont know how to pronounce them right way :P .
still I got your point, and will give that a try some time.
Well, I have send some packets in courier to u, hope it will reach to u b4 your dinner time :)) .
Have fun & Stay tuned
-Pooja

Anonymous said...

ohhh...Cabbage shaak with peas,one of the faithful veggies that comes to my rescue when I can't think of any other curry to make...! Love this stuff. You know, I also tried Indiraji's recipe with onions and soaked chana daal,thats good too!

Cheers,Trupti

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,
You have a great blog here. Yummy looking recipes and gorgeous henna designs. Will keep visiting.
Happy Blogging.
pavani

Pooja said...

Hi
Trupti : thanks :)
Pavani : thnaks for your nice words for this blog :) . Iwould like to see you around. Thanks for dropping by .
Stay tuned
-Pooja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...