Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Suran ke Dahi Vade







Ingredients:
Yam peeled and cut into medium sized pieces,
2 to 3 tbsp corn flour
2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
1/2 tsp ginger paste
3-4 green chilli finely chopped
salt to taste
curd , beaten finely
jeera powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilli Powder-1/4 tsp

Coriander leaves to garnish

Method:

Clean & Pressure cook the yam.Drain off the water immediately.Now mash the yam, add Corn flour, cumin seeds, salt, ginger paste and chopped green chillies to it.Mix it properly. Make small balls of it.Heat the oil in a wok.Deep fry mixture balls, remove when golden brown.



Place them on a blotting paper so that extra oil will be absorbed.
Suran vada is ready. Now take the curd in a bowl & Add salt to it,Whip it thoroughly such that there will be no lumps in it. Take 5-6 suran vada in a plate & pour the whipped curd over it.Decorate the curd with jeera powder,red chilli powder & Coriander leaves. Refrigerate before serving.



Note:
In place of corn flour, you can also use Rajgira Atta . When made this way it can also be used as eatable while observing “Fast”. This is one of farali(some thing which we can eat while observing fast) recipe . Normally it is made this way only. Just as a slight variation to it , I have used corn flour instead of Rajgira atta. That gave it crispiness. One can also use sago flour, if want to make it as eatable for fast.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god pooja:) what a pretty presentation... this is soooooooooo unfair:( i'm in my office and u r tempting me with all these goodies and that too with curds.... i dont even have suran to try them:( bhoo hoo... i want them...
bhooo hooooo.....:(
cheers
supriya

Jaya M said...

dear pooja,
are wah ! its look so delecious and appetizing , kya sooran aur arbi(shayyad khuch aur bolte hain ) dono same hai ,dono mein farak kya hai ..mujhe batana zaroor...
Hugs and smiles
Mantu

Anonymous said...

great job with sooran pooja
I never knew there were so many ways it can be used...learnt a lot
thanks yaar
--sandeepa

Anonymous said...

Wow Pooja. You are really getting creative with Suran now.

Anonymous said...

yum yum this looks really good ...i am saying this again u are really creative and come up with good surprises ...suran pakoda's and now suran dahi vada's ...i love this veggie and will try it when i happen to get some suran

Pooja said...

Hi,

Supriya : thanks a lot dear! I can understand how irresistible it can be for such dishes for curd lovers like yo u and me! When you visit India , you can try any of these dish made of suran. For now I just wish that you can be somewhere near by to share all these recipes with me. :)

Mantu : I don’t know what ‘arbi’ is. But I find from google that what you call arbi is sweet potato actually. To clear this confusion I have already posted picture of suran . Suran is what is called Yam Elephant in English. Refer to my earlier post http://creativepooja.blogspot.com/2006/11/vegetable-of-week-is-sooranyam.html, and http://creativepooja.blogspot.com/2006/11/delicious-sooran-cubes.html . let me know if it clears your doubt or not.
Thanks for dropping by.
Stay tuned.


Sandeepa : Nice to see you here : ) . still some more dishes are about to come with suran.

Laxmik: thanks for appreciating Laxmi . cheers!

Seema : Thanks a lot for your nice words here. This is a good boost for me.
Stay With me . :)

-Pooja

Anonymous said...

How lovely that looks! Very creative way of using sooran. Great job! :)

sanjay jha said...

nameste pooja
i love dahiwada's
and this dish seems to be new
cheers
jhaji.

Vini K said...

Oh Pooja,great recipe.that too using the humble suran!kudos to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,

what an excellent presentation,hats off to ur creativity.Thanks for sharing such wonderful tips.

Pooja said...

Vani & Vini : Thanks dear! All of you are giving power to my creativity. Thanks buddy!
Stay tuned
-Pooja


Sanjay : thanks for dropping by . from where you dropped here? :) .
Welcome to my blog.

Tanuja: thanks for your nice words for my recipes. It makes all the effort worth
When someone like you admires me!
Thanks for visiting my blog. : )

Anonymous said...

Mast hai! I loooved the recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...