Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Palak Corn Soup



Ingredients:
1 bunch of Fresh Palak (Spinach),
1 Onion,
2 Tomatoes,
3 Green Chilli,
8-10 fresh mint leaves,
4 garlic flakes cut lengthwise,
1/2 cup of milk,
1 cup of loose corn( I used sweet corn , simple corn will also do),
1/2 tsp of ghee,
salt to taste , Black pepper powder .


Method:
Cut onion, tomatoes, green chilli and palak. Boil the chopped onion ,mint leaves and tomatoes with little water for about 10 to 15 mins. When it is boiled first remove skin from tomato.

Boil palak and green chilli until palak is tender enough. Blend all of the boiled ingredients together to a smooth pulp. Heat the ghee in a pot and fry the garlic for a minute. Add the pulp, corn, salt and bring to boil. Add milk and boil for another 1 minute. Sprinkle black pepper powder and Serve hot ! (just as shown in picture below :P , it was too hot when I took this picture that the steam of it came to camera lense for first few trials, I had to wait to take pic of it. :) , in this pic too, the hotness of this soup is visible. :D , I am gald that I can capture such picture of my soup finally :P ) .


If you want to make this a little richer, then you can add cream instead of milk and add a cube of butter while serving. I had this simple way with milk only. That is very good choice if you are looking for a low calorie , healthy and tasty soup that also cane be preapred within few minutes.. :)


(P.s- I had been little busy with my schedule lately , sorry if I keep waiting anyone for this. ) today after this I m going to post the enteries for the third day of Vegetable of the week.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good soup, especially for the winter. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pooja,

Excellent,think clear soup.By the way i like to inform you that,i posted my receipe in my blog+informed you through mail.

Anonymous said...

nice soup using palak Pooja

Anonymous said...

Hai pooja
nice and healthy palak soup.

Pooja said...

hi,
Laxmik, Usha, Laxmi & Swapna thanks for appreciating my effort in making this soup. it is as just i published both post for today, and when i see 4 comments are also there, so sweet of all of you. it is much late here almost 1.30 a.m. but after seeing your prompt reply , it is must for me to appreciate you all just now. try this helathy soup sometime in winter, it is mild in taste and much nutritious too. :)
thanks .
Stay tuned
-Pooja

Anonymous said...

Great roundup Pooja...love the soup color and recipe.

Trupti

Pooja said...

thanks dear Trupti, though i heard a lot about making soup of palak, i tried it for the first time yesterday, i have chaged some ingrediets too, to make it little more healthy. and i am happy that it was nice.I remember your advise to use palak with tomato. and i applied it this time :P .
thanks buddy!
-Pooja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...