Our guest this month is Ujwal Prashanth Rao , who choose to share recipe of "Capsicum rice " to be a part of "VoW-JFI " this month . Here is the recipe in his own words.
1 cup chopped mixed bell peppers (I used red, yellow and green)
1.5 cups of cooked Basmati rice (Ensure that rice grains are well separated and not over cooked)
1 tbsp Oil
1 big Onion chopped
3 Garlic pods chopped fine
0.5 tsp red chilli powder, Garam masala powder/Kitchen King (Increase/decrease as per taste)
2 tsp Lemon juice
Few Coriander leaves chopped fine
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a large wok/kadai
2. Add chopped Garlic and fry until brown
3. Throw in finely sliced Onions
4. Add little Salt and fry until onion turns golden
5. Add chopped bell peppers and fry on high until the bell peppers are done but still crunchy. Takes around 5-7 min.
6. Reduce the flame add the masala powders and mix well
7. Add rice and salt and mix well
8. Adjust the spices and salt according to taste
9. Cook for sometime on medium flame
10. Finally add Lemon juice and garnish with chopped Coriander leaves
11. Serve hot with Raita of your choice.
Thank you Ujwal for sharing this with us :) . For any queries/appreciations you can write directly to him on email@example.com or leave comments here .
Note: If you have some recipe to share/participate here with and don't have a food blog, you can send it to me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org and be a guest writer for this blog. Share your recipes and be a part of this nice virtual community :).