Thursday, January 24, 2008

TriColored Rice (Spinach & Carrot rice )

This idea came to my mind as I announced the theme , as what else can be perfect for three colors of OUR Indian flag. As I keep getting entries from other bloggers , I feel like there are many thing more appropriate for the theme you also have in mind, so alike we are :)) , well, thats what food bloggers are all about , cooking something with high creativity , kudos to you all who have already sent their nice entries and waiting for many more to celebrate our Republic day with.

Ingredients :
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup baby carrot

3 cup cooked rice
2 green chillies
Salt to taste
Half tsp Garam masala.
Recipe:
Wash Spinach and cut them roughly. Take little water and let the spinach boil for a while. Do not boil much. Boil until the original green color of spinach is maintained. This will take 2-3 minutes maximum. When done, crush it using grinder or hand mixer , adding 2 green chillies to it, and put it aside.
Cut the baby carrot roughly and grind them to make smooth past , if needed add little water to grind them well. Keep this paste aside.
In a flat bottomed pan take 1/2 tsp oil, when little hot add spinach paste to it cook it till extra water from the it evaporate then add 1 cup cooked rice to this. Finally Mix well , taking care that it should not break the rice. The rice I used for this is long grain (Basmati) rice.
Repeat the same process with carrot paste, when extra water from it evaporates add little garam masala to it, and then add 1 cup cooked rice. Mix well and turn off the gas.
In a flat bottomed vessel serve it with plain white rice in middle.
If making it in little large quantity , I would suggest to make layers of three colors, spinach rice at the bottom , white in center and top of all carrot rice. That will make wonderful treat for eyes ,even while serving it it will look nice. I tried making jeera rice and spinach pulao with layers many time for and every time it was a great hit .
The Spinach rice is a little modified version of my own Palak Pulao ( check out recipe here ), to make this dish a suitable entry to tri- colored theme.
Just have a peek for what’s coming up next.

Many more entries from me are yet to come tomorrow, so stay tuned to this blog , keep your entries posted and send it soon to blogpooja@gmail.com . Last date to reach me is 26th Jan, 2008.
Non- bloggers can also send their entries directly with the description. for more read out the rules here .

Now , Something Very nice for all my Indian bloggers…check out the following video.
Even if you Don't understand Hindi, the message is so clear that you will like it.





(Note : If you already sent email to me and dint get any response in comment or as reply please mention it here, i find that already some of the email were mis delivered to my junk e-mail folder, trying to sort out the problem though , I would appreciate your support in this regards, Thanks )

24 comments:

Mansi said...

wow, that spread looks awesome Pooja!! wonderful:)

Mythreyee said...

That's a lovely display.

Seema said...

Hey! That was a great idea.. Lovely it looks!

Meera said...

Your tricolored rice looks very nice.
I really enjoyed the video. Thanks so much for posting.

Cham said...

Hi Pooja,
I just sent my entry to ur account.
Here it is my post url:http://spice-club.blogspot.com/2008/01/patriotism-in-plate.html.
By the way , ur entry is wonderful.
Thanks,
Cham.

Sia said...

wonderful entry with equally wonderful video of 'lead india':) i just love that video:)

FH said...

Beautiful creation Pooja, great theme girl. Loving all the colorful entries!:)

Richa said...

looks so pretty, Pooja!
hope u got my entry for the event!

Kalai said...

Pooja, that's really funny. You know, I actually had the same idea of 3 colored rice dishes. Was thinking of carrot rice, coconut milk rice, and curry leaves rice, but got too busy to do it. Gorgeous, girl! :)

Cham said...

Hi Pooja,
I resent my entry with pictures, hope it did not reach ur junk box this time.
Cham.

Manju said...

that defenitely looks good!! im gonna makae something as my entry right now...will send it before end of today...pls pls include mine also..

Cynthia said...

You are an enormously creative woman. Happy Republic day!

DK said...

That video was so inspirational! Luved the video!

And yes! you are so creative for what u have come up with and also sooo chweet for sharing the video with all of us :)

krystyna said...

Hi Pooja!
Happy Republic Day of India!

Chef Jeena said...

Rice looks fantastic Pooja just like the flag. :-)

Nanditha Prabhu said...

hi pooja,
you are creative!:)
i know it goes without my saying...
BTW, did you get my entry? I had mailed to you! but didn't get any reply....

Daily Meals said...

Pooja! The tri-colured rice looks awesome.

Laavanya said...

This looks great.. so vibrant too. Happy Republic day Pooja.

Rajitha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rajitha said...

pooja..the rice looks great..and a neat idea too

Pooja said...

Mansi,
Thanks for appreciations , hi have entry for party game event , will send you soon.

Mythreyee,
I love thoes 3 colors in any dish.
Thanks.

Seema,
Thanks, you have still today left if you wish to participate and send your entry.

Meera,
I love that video.
Thanks dear.

Cham,
Got your entry , thanks for your words and reminder.

Sia,
Me too ! I love this video beyond i can ever say in words. somehow the frist time i saw this video tears came to my eyes, perhaps it has Extraordinary peirit in its music and wordings too.

Asha,
Did you see the video Asha ? Just chekc it out, i lvoe it sooo..... much. There are man yenteries i am going to post today from myside. Round up on Moday.

Richa,
Yeah , got your entry , thanks for that .
I feel good to see you here.

Kalai,
Thanks dear :) . there are many more coming on its way ...

Superchef,
Got your entry sweetie. thanks for being a part of it.

Cynthia,
I am happy to hear that from you - who is a really very creative indeed.

DK,
I loved the video too ! I am glad that you liked it too , i have seen it ample of times till now :)).
Very nice message isnt it ?

Krystyna,
Thank you Krystyna.

Jeena,
Thank you . I am glad to see you here regularly now.

Nanditha,
You are so sweet to say that for me.
I am oblidged. You your entry , round up on monday.

Daily meals,
Thank you dear .

Laavanya,
thanks for appreciating my work :) . I am touched.

Rajitha,
Thanks dear, many more entries from me coming up today... enjoy.

Anna Haight said...

Happy Republic Day! Beautiful dish and nice video too.

Viji said...

Pooja, I send you the link and updated my post too. If you need anything else, let me know. Tks. Viji

Anonymous said...

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...